10/9/2008 ITS Central Server Outages
ITS is scheduled to have two racks of computer application servers offline early Thursday morning as electricians complete work on the power distribution system within the central ITS computer room. Downtime window is between 6am and 8am on Thursday, though actual downtime is anticipated to be less than two hours. We’re optimistic we could be back online by 6:30am assuming no problems are encountered.
Affected systems include (but are not limited to):
- ITS Central File Server (Megatron)
- VMWare Server (Ironhide) containing:
- Printing server (Jazz)
- Antivirus server (ITS-NAV)
- Calendar server (calendar.uni.edu)
- Microsoft updates server (WSUS)
- ITS User Services Supported Users Backup Server
If you need additional assistance please contact the Computer Consulting Center (CCC) at (319) 273-5555. The CCC is located in Room 36 ITTC Building (formerly known as the East Gym). Consultants are available to provide hands-on assistance daily Monday through Friday during University Business Hours.